- GBP/EUR rallied by 0.66% on Friday – it opened at 1.1304 and traded a high of 1.1392 before closing at 1.1379.
- This is the highest rate in three and half months and comes following news that EU sources had said a divorce deal from the UK was ‘very close’.
- Sterling also rallied against the US dollar. GBP/USD opened at 1.3021 and rallied to close at 1.3003.
- Canadian employment change came in at 63.3 K vs 25k expected, unemployment rate came in as expected at 5.9% and trade balance came in better than expected at 0.5B vs -0.5B.
- Average hourly earningss m/m came in as expected at 0.3%, non-farm unemployment came in weaker than expected at 134K vs 185K and unemployment rate came in at 3.7% vs 3.8% expected.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are all trading at 1.8503, 2.0249 and 148.05.
- We have a very quiet day ahead with bank holidays in Japan, Canada and the US.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|