- GBP/EUR opened at 1.1645, traded a high of 1.1685, a low of 1.1580 and closed at 1.1612 on Friday representing a -0.30% change on the day.
- GBP/USD opened at 1.3068, traded a high of 1.3121, a low of 1.2986 and closed at 1.3031 representing a fall of 0.28% on the day.
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May formally requested a Brexit extension to June 30th on Friday.
- Canadian employment change came in at -7.2k vs 3.0k expected. The unemployment rate was 5.8% as expected.
- In the US average hourly earnings m/m was weaker than expected at 0.1% vs 0.3%. Non farm payrolls beat expectations at 196k vs 172k. The US unemployment rate remained at 3.8%.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are currently trading at 1.8370, 1.9375 and 145.41, respectively.
- Labour have said their diary is clear today in the hope of more Brexit talks with the prime minister.
- No data of note expected today.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
No data releases expected today.