- GBP/EUR posted losses for the third consecutive day yesterday falling 0.15% to close at 1.1368 after opening at 1.1386.
- The US dollar continued to show signs of recovery after gaining across the board yesterday. GBP/USD fell by 0.44% to close at 1.4073 after opening at 1.4135 and EUR/USD fell from highs to close 1.2381 after opening at 1.2423.
- A leaked government Brexit paper has suggested that the UK economy will grow more slowly outside the EU regardless of what deal is struck with Brussels.
- The report said that the UK economy would be 8% off if no deal is struck, 5% worse off if Britain negotiated a free trade deal and 2% worse even in the scenario where the UK would continue to adhere to the rules of the single market (BBC).
- Personal spending m/m from the US came in worse than expected yesterday at 0.4% vs 0.5%
- New Zealand trade balance came in at 640M vs -125M expected.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are currently trading at 1.7399, 1.9207 and 152.89.
- This morning we saw UK net lending to individuals m/m come in at 5.2B vs 4.8B expected.
- At 10am we have preliminary flash GDP q/q from the eurozone.
- This afternoon we CB consumer confidence from the US at 3pm.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|
|10:00||EUR||Prelim Flash GDP q/q||0.6%||0.6%|
|15:00||USD||CB Consumer Confidence||123.2||122.1|
|15:30||USD||BOE Gov Carney Speaks|