- There was very muted market movement in GBP/EUR yesterday. The market opened at 1.1273 and traded a high of 1.1292 and a low of 1.1248 before closing at 1.1269.
- Sterling gained a modest amount of ground on the US dollar with GBP/USD closing up 20 pips on the day. Cable traded a high of 1.3429 before closing at 1.3395.
- CB consumer confidence from the USA came in weaker than expected at 122.1 vs 128.2 expected.
- US pending home sales m/m came in better than expected at 0.2% vs -0.4% expected.
- There was no economic data of note released overnight.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are currently trading 1.7261, 1.8973 and 151.68.
- We can look forward to US unemployment claims at 1.30pm followed by Chicago PMI at 2.45pm and crude oil inventories at 4pm.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|
|16:00||USD||Crude Oil Inventories||-3.9M||-6.5M|