- GBP/EUR opened at 1.1153, traded a high of 1.1225, a low of 1.1151 and closed at 1.1202 representing a 0.47% increase on the day.
- GBP/USD opened at 1.2438, traded a high of 1.2522, a low of 1.2427 and closed at 1.2484 representing a 0.36% increase on the day.
- New UK prime minister Boris Johnson formed his new cabinet yet with leading Brexiteers given key roles.
- Dominic Raab, Priti Patel and Sajid Javid have been made foreign secretary, home secretary and chancellor of the exchequer, respectively.
- Over half of Theresa May’s old cabinet have quit or were sacked.
- Jacob Rees-Mogg has become the leader of the house of commons.
- US flash manufacturing PMI came in at 50.0 vs 50.9 expected.
- Eurozone flash manufacturing PMI came in at 46.4 vs 47.6 and flash services PMI came in at 53.3 as expected.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are trading at 1.7913, 1.8654 and 134.89, respectively.
- Spanish unemployment rate came in at 14.0% vs 13.7%.
- German Ifo business climate came in at 95.7 vs 97.1.
- Boris Johnson is holding his first cabinet meeting as prime minister this morning.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|
|12:45||EUR||Main refinancing rate||0.00%||0.00%|
|12:45||EUR||Monetary policy statement|
|13:30||EUR||ECB press conference|
|13:30||USD||Core durable goods orders m/m||0.2%||0.4%|
|13:30||USD||Durable goods orders m/m||0.8%||-1.3%|