- GBP/EUR came off by 0.04% yesterday after opening at 1.1143, trading a high of 1.1136, a low of 1.1112 and closed at 1.1131.
- GBP/USD opened at 1.2500, traded a high of 1.2519, a low of 1.2455 and closed at 1.2475 representing a decrease of 0.18% on Monday.
- Tory members had until 5pm yesterday to vote for their next leader and prime minister. The result of the vote will be announced today around 11pm.
- The frontrunner to succeed Theresa May in Downing St, Boris Johnson yesterday said that the UK could leave the EU with a deal by 31st October if the country has the “will” and “drive” to make it happen.
- Jo Swinson became the Liberal Democrat’s first female leader yesterday as she beat Sir Ed Davey in a poll of party members with 47,997 votes to 28,021.
- South Korea said yesterday it had fired hundreds of warning shots at a Russian surveillance plane that entered its airspace. Russa has denied violating the country’s airspace.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are trading 1.7696, 1.8474 and 134.43, respectively.
- Bank of Japan core CPI y/y came in at 0.6% overnight as expected.
- Very little in terms of economic data to look forward to today.
- All eyes will be on the Conservative leadership result at 11am as the new leader and new prime minister will be announced.