- GBP/EUR fell by 0.15% yesterday after opening at 1.1410, it traded a high of 1.1428, a low of 1.1385 and closed at 1.1395.
- GBP/USD fell by 0.05% after opening at 1.2732, trading a low of 1.2714 and closing at 1.2696.
- Chancellor Philip Hammond is to warn prospective Conservative leadership contenders against “hijacking” Brexit by “knowingly inflicting” a damaging no-deal Brexit on the economy. (BBC News)
- As Theresa May prepares to discuss her Brexit plan with the cabinet, No 10 has promised a “bold, new offer” to win over Labour MPs.
- SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon has said her party has been the most consistent anti-Brexit voice during the European election campaign.
- US Fed Chair Powell says business debt is rising but does pose not a threat to the system.
- Huawei’s use of Google’s Android mobile platform has been limited by Google. The tech giant have stopped user of Hauwei’s devices from using Google apps such as YouTube.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are currently trading 1.8459, 1.9502 and 139.74, respectively.
- There is little in the way of economic data today.
- GBP/USD is down -0.22% this morning and and GBP/EUR is down 0.07% at the time of writing.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|
|23:45||NZD||Retail Sales q/q||0.6%||1.7%|
|23:45||NZD||Core Retail Sales q/q||0.9%||2.0%|