- Sterling pushed back towards its recent highs against the US dollar and euro yesterday.
- GBP/EUR recovered from a low of 1.1880 to close the day at 1.1953 whereas GBP/USD followed a similar route trading a low 1.2775 before closing at 1.2847.
- US Philly Fed Manufacturing Index came in weaker than expected at 22.0 when 25.6 was expected but US unemployment claims came in roughly as expected at 244K vs 241K.
- EUR/USD pushed up to 1.0777 before closing back towards the 1.0715 level.
- GBP/NZD pushed up further yesterday briefly trading above 1.83 whereas AUD strength cause GBP/AUD to pullback slightly to 1.7020.
- All eyes turn to UK retail sales m/m at 9.30am – the expected figure is -0.3%.
- At 1.30pm we have Canadian CPI m/m which is expected to come in at 0.4%.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|
|9.30||GBP||UK Retail Sales||-0.3%||1.4%|
|15:00||USD||Existing Home Sales||5.61M||5.48M|