- GBP/EUR opened at 1.0946, traded a high of 1.0974, a low of 1.0907 and closed at 1.0945.
- GBP/USD fell by 0.14% yesterday after trading opening at 1.2152, trading a high of 1.2172, a low of 1.2104 and closing at 1.2151.
- Research by the BBC has found that a no-deal Brexit could cost the farming industry £850m a year in lost profits. The author of the research described a no-deal Brexit is a greater challenge than the BSE and foot-and-mouth crises.
- Boris Johnson and Irish prime minister Leo Varadkar have discussed Brexit over the telephone with Mr Johnson saying the current deal won’t get through the House of Commons and his Irish counterpart reiterating that the it cannot be reopened.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are trading at 1.7838, 1.8860 and 128.67, respectively.
- Boris Johnson has told the EU the backstop plan for the Irish border must be scrapped because “unviable” and “anti-democratic” in a letter to European Council President Donald Tusk.
- Canadian manufacturing sales m/m is due at 1.30pm.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|
|13:30||CAD||Manufacturing Sales m/m||-1.8%||1.6%|
|23:00||USD||FOMC Member Quarles Speaks|