- GBP/USD fell by 0.34% – the market opened at 1.30, traded a high of 1.3040, a low of 1.2940 and closed at 1.2965.
- GBP/EUR opened at 1.1567, traded a high of 1.1595, a low of 1.1520 and closed at 1.1547 representing a 0.21% decrease on Monday.
- Senior Tories yesterday reportedly put PM May under more pressure to abandon Brexit talks with Labour. In a letter to the PM, former cabinet ministers cautioned her against any deal involving Corbyn’s central demand of a customs union.
- The UK’s Brexit negotiator Olly Robbins will fly to Brussels today to talk about how the future arrangement between the EU and the UK could be changed if there were to be a deal between the Government and the opposition.
- US president Donald Trump is to meet with Chinese leader Xi after China imposed new tariffs on US goods The US Trade Representative’s office said later it planned to hold a public hearing next month on the possibility of imposing duties up to 25% on a further $300bn worth of Chinese imports.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are currently trading 1.8628, 1.9662 and 141.82, respectively.
- This morning we expect to see UK average earnings index 3m/y and unemployment rate at 9.30am
- At 10am we will have German ZEW economic sentiment data.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|
|09:30||GBP||Average Earnings Index 3m/y||3.4%||3.5%|
|10:00||EUR||German ZEW Economic Sentiment||5.1||3.1|