- GBP/EUR opened at 1.1218 and traded a high of 1.1250, a low of 1.1190 and closed at 1.1217.
- GBP/USD opened at 1.3030 before trading a high of 1.3080, a low of 1.2979 and closing at 1.3043.
- US PPI m/m came in weaker than expected at -0.1% vs 0.2% and core PPI m/m also missed expectations coming in at -0.1% vs 0.2% expected.
- Crude oil inventories came in at -5.3M vs -1.3M.
- Former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown has warned that the world is ‘sleep walking into another [financial] crisis’ and claims that there are no world leaders capable of taking action.
- Australian employment change came in better than expected at 44.0 K vs 16.5K and unemployment rate came in as expected at 5.3%.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are currently trading 1.8148, 1.9901 and 145.44, respectively.
- At midday we will hear from the Bank of England – the rate is expected to remain unchanged at 0.75% with all 9 votes from the MPC expected to unanimously back that decision.
- The European refinancing rate will be announced at 12:45 and that is also expected to remain unchanged. The accompanying ECB press conference will begin at 1.30pm.
- Core CPI m/m and core CPI m/m from the US will be released at 1.30pm.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|
|12:00||GBP||MPC Official Bank Votes||0-0-9||0-0-9|
|12:00||GBP||Monetary Policy Summary|
|12:00||GBP||Official Bank Rate||0.75%||0.75%|
|13:30||EUR||ECB Press Conference|
|13:30||USD||Core CPI m/m||0.2%||0.2%|