- GBP/EUR opened at 1.1441, traded a high of 1.1479, a low of 1.1399 and closed at 1.1456.
- GBP/USD opened at 1.2914, traded a high of 1.2946, a low of 1.2827 and closed at 1.2848 representing a loss of over a half of a percent on the day.
- Michel Barnier says that the Brexit deal is ‘largely defined’.
- It is widely believed that by Wednesday, there will not be time to organise a EU summit in November.
- It was a quiet date in terms of data as we had Veteran’s Day in the US.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are currently trading 1.7930, 1.9137 and 147.23.
- Australian NAB business confidence came in at 4 after coming at 6 last time out.
- UK average earnings index 3m/y came in as expected at 3.0% which is the fastest pace in the three months to September in just under a decade.
- The UK unemployment rate came in higher than expected at 4.1% vs 4.0%.
- German ZEW economic sentiment has come in at -24.1 as expected.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|
|16:00||USD||FOMC Member Brainard Speaks|