- GBP/EUR opened at 1.1208, traded a high of 1.1246, a low of 1.1196 and closed at 1.1227 representing a 0.15% increase on Tuesday.
- GBP/USD opened at 1.2684, traded a high of 1.2732, a low of 1.2670 and closed at 1.2720 representing a 0.28% increase.
- Average earnings index 3m/y from the UK came in at 3.1% vs 2.9% expected.
- Core PPI m/m came in at 0.2% as expected and PPI m/m came in at 0.1%.
- US President Trump accidentally revealed some details of the US immigration deal with Mexico by waving around a document which was captured by photographers.
- Boris Johnson warned that any further delay to Brexit could spell disaster for the Conservative Party ahead of the launch of his leadership campaign today. Fellow hopeful Savid Javid will also make his pitch to MPs today.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are currently trading 1.8333, 1.9356 and 137.86, respectively.
- Chinese CPI y/y came in as expected at 2.7B. New loans came in weaker than expected at 1180B vs 1300B expected.
- At 1.30pm we expect CPI m/m and core CPI m/m from US.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|
|13:30||USD||Core CPI m/m||0.2%||0.1%|