- Ten MPs will contest the first round of voting on Thursday in their bid to become leader of the Conservative Party.
- The MPs in the running are Michael Gove, Matt Hancock, Mark Harper, Jeremy Hunt, Sajid Javid, Boris Johnson, Andrea Leadsom, Esther McVey, Dominic Raab and Rory Stewart.
- All 10 candidates have vowed to deliver Brexit however they differ on how they say they would achieve it.
- GBP/EUR opened at 1.1240, traded a high of 1.1267, a low of 1.1199 and closed at 1.1210 representing a 0.18% fall on Monday.
- GBP/USD opened at 1.2729, traded a high of 1.2736, a low of 1.2653 and closed at 1.2684 representing a 0.38% fall on the day.
- UK GDP m/m came in worst than expected at -0.4% vs -0.1% expected.
- UK manufacturing production m/m also came in worse than expected at -3.9% vs -1.1%.
- Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is to hold talks with European leaders as part of a visit to Brussels.
- GBP/AUD, GBP/NZD and GBP/JPY are currently trading 1.8251, 1.9258 and 137.87, respectively.
- Australian NAB business confidence came in 7 after coming in at 0 last time around.
- At 9.30am we have average earnings index 3m/y from the UK which is expected to come in at 2.9%.
- Then at 1.30pm we expect core PPI m/m and PPI m/m from the US.
|Currency Pair||Interbank Rate||% Change on Day|
|Time (GMT)||Region||Data Release||Forecast||Previous|
|09:30||GBP||Average Earnings Index 3m/y||2.9%||3.2%|
|13:30||USD||Core PPI m/m||0.2%||0.1%|